Thursday, July 12, 2012

Better Than Bouillon

This is a desperate last minute recipe entry to promote my latest attempt at getting myself up off the couch and over to the computer to write! I've officially three blogs now with the addition of The Gossip, and hopes to start a book--no rush on that. (J.K. Rowling supposedly took seven years to write Harry Potter. John Fowles took twelve with, The Collector. I'm in good company.) That's what I love about writing. You can go throw the cart in front of the horse and tell everyone you're writing a book, and they won't expect to see anything for years. I could stall this forever.

Anyway, I used  better than bouillon as an adage in my new blog's post, and realized it would make a great title for a recipe to promote this blog in reverse. Thing is, I can't think of a recipe I love that uses it. The other thing is, I'm not one to use bouillon in cooking in the first place. I'd rather use the real deal of whatever bouillon is trying to imitate. Which leaves me with NO recipe. Never you mind. Almost Homemade to the rescue!

Here it is! Easier than my first, the Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Brownie one. If you're tired of that recipe, don't click on the link, I'm highlighting it for newcomers. My latest recipe is inspired from the latest power outage--somewhere in the vicinity of 900,000 homes from Indiana to Virginia--a week ago that thawed out everyone's deep freezers. In all honesty, I doubt my favorite brand of ice cream below was in anyone's on the east coast. Seems Death By Chocolate is all the rage in Charlotte, NC. At least that's what we spent most our time eating while visiting there last summer. That, and 'bout every flavor offered at Cold Stone Creamery. Anyway, here's my fav out west:

Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey! 

C'est simple! C'est magnifique!  Out with the old, in with the new! Go down to your local supermarket, and buy a pint container of this delectable brand ice cream.  On a bad hot day, you can polish it off yourself. Plus, it's so darn hard, your power could go out for a week before it'd melt into something you wouldn't eat! On a diet? Grab a spoon and share it with twenty other people. I'm fairly certain everyone's individual caloric intake would still be over 2ooo. Don't thank me. Thank Jerry. His compassion for Ben's anosmia--complete lack of smell and almost taste--was the inspiration behind the huge chunks of junk goodies in their ice cream.

Mmmmm... Now that's good eatin'!

1 comment:

  1. I had me a half-pint (I know, not really enough, but Jim bought it) of Haagen-daaz Caramel Cone ice cream the other day that made me want to move into my freezer. My fav B&J flavor is whatever one I'm eating at the moment, by the way. I am, though, partial to that one with the heath bar pieces.

    ReplyDelete